JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336
Appliance

De Dietrich Induction Hob - stopped working -

replied 3 years ago.

Are you able to confirm if the unit is completly dead, or if there are any error \ fault codes being displayed?

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

no fault codes completely dead

JamesI, Handyman replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for clarifying, might sound obvious but have you checked the isolation switch on the wall is still on. Most electric cookers \ hobs have a red isolation switch on the wall next to them. Second check if the fuse has tripped in the fuse box, as a hob\cooker often has its own feed from the fuse box. I dont think there is much more you can fault find other than by removing it, however if you can supply me with the model number I will see if there are any other things we can try.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

yes tried the isolation switch it works with the extractor hood as well - so this is still working. In the fuse box no switch has tripped but I turned off the one marked cooker - and put it back on - no change but we have a separate oven. No model number obvious - it was installed October 2008

JamesI, Handyman replied 3 years ago.

The manual for what I understand to be a similar model (Dti101x) states if there is no display and it cant be turned on its a electrical fault. Since you confirmed the hood is working ok and nothing is tripped on the fuse box this leads me to believe either a circuit board failure in the hob itself, or a loose wire. It is probably worth checking the cupboard under the hob to see if you can see the wire to make sure its not loose, depending on your setup it may mean removing your oven (if thats under the hob), but this is most likly going to result in you needing to get the hob removed and start testing components to find out the part you need to replace, from the manual there aren't any end user serviceable parts. Based on its age my suggestion is if the wiring looks sound, you look to replace the entire hob. I do hope you find its a loose wire, but note before you start checking make sure you turn off the isolation switch to prevent injury.

Customer reply replied 3 years ago.

Thanks but looks like we will have to get an engineer to visit - been difficult to contact anyone - that is why I contacted your organisation - but unfortunaltey not any help!

JamesI, Handyman replied 3 years ago.
Sorry we couldnt be more help, do let me know what that fault turned out to be once the engineer has attended.
JamesI, Handyman replied 3 years ago.

Hi John,

I just wanted to see if I could be any more assistance, and request you rate my reponse so I can close the case should you not require anything further?

J

JamesI, Handyman replied 3 years ago.
Good evening John
I would appreciate if you could rate my response and advise if I could be any more assistance.
J