Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Have Stoves S600DW integrated dishwasher (2 years old) which

Customer Question

Have Stoves S600DW integrated dishwasher (2 years old) which came up with E4 code. Managed to clear water from pan, took off side panels and then tried to run programme to see where there was a leak, but control panel just has three dashes and won't give me any programmes. Have you any idea as to what is the problem please?
Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry to hear that.
Did this stop mid cycle with water remaining in the dishwasher?
Also was the water warm?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It seemed to finish the cycle - but just before the end bleep there were a number of extra bleeps which indicated the E4 error code. There was no water actually visible in the bottom of the dishwasher.
Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Chris,
This can be one of two things.
Its either the heating element or the float switch.
But in your case i would say you have a bad heating element especially for when it failed.
I can guide you to the best place to get that part, and I will help you replace it, its pretty easy and you need are a few basic hand tools to do this as well.Please let me know if you would like to do this?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What is a float switch? Would this account for water in the pan?
Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi when you say pan? are you talking about the bottom floor inside the dishwasher? or below the machine?
The float would cause it to overflow into the bottom but then there would be standing water in the bottom of the machine(on the floor) of the dishwasher.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, water was in the bottom of the actual machine.
Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Chris, this is likely due to a failing drain pump. But I would also replace the float switch.
The float switch is located in one of two places, either its visible on the floor of the dishwasher or just below it in the sump.
It will be apparent when you have the new parts. Since this is a drain issue here and the error is a bit vague as "Stoves" are lol, I would replace both the pump and the float to solve this problem.
Both are easy and require only a few basic hand tools and common sense is all. Dont worry I will stick with you to help you all the way;-)
The best place to get those two parts is Espares fro cost and reliability.
I have listed all their contact information below, its best to call them for these parts.PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Chris and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Chris Please call:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just to be absolutely clear the water was in the metal pan underneath the dishwasher in the bottom of the whole machine. Does your advice to get a float switch in the first instance from e spares still apply?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris, because the water is in the under the dishwasher there is a leak you need to watch a full cycle to see where the water is leaking.
Wait on ordering anything at this point until you have done this. If the machine wont run a cycle turn it off at the mains for 10 full minutes it may then work.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can't run a cycle because no programme options - just the 3 dashes - which I said at the beginning. Obviously leaking but until the lack of programme is resolved, cannot find out where leaking.
Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris I know this frustrating ,but have you tried a full reset?
Turn off power at the mains for 1 full hour then back on. Let me know if that resets the main control or not.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will try that, thanks.
Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Chris. I will be here.
If the error is still there let me know if it comes on with that error or if you need turn the unit on first to see the error.
That is important.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Got to go out for a couple of hours. E4 error went after mopping up the water - will see if I can obtain programme selection, instead of dashes, when I switch mains on again.
Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Sounds Good Chris! I will be here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
After three hours with machine off, the position is still the same - 3 dashes with no programme to select.
Chris
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Chris , this is a situation where you likely have a tiny leak but that has nothing to do with your current problem.
The problem you have to deal with first is the main control board, which unfortunately has failed.
Its a n easy replacement and I will help you but you will need to order a new main control board. The best place to get that that would be Espares. I have listed all their contact information below for your convenience.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
Thank you Chris and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please contact Espares Chris:
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046