Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi There, Ive got a Hotpoint FDM 550PR dishwasher, it suddenly

Customer Question

Hi There,
I've got a Hotpoint FDM 550PR dishwasher, it suddenly won't complete a cycle, and is making a buzzing sound before the 'wash' light starts to flash continously
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
Is the dishwasher currently stuck mid cycle, ie its full of water, or will it not even start filling up with water?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I start the dishwasher off on a cycle as normal, and it sounds quite loud but is apparently working. After 2-3 minutes, it seems to stop working, and just makes this buzzing sound, or a sound like a pan sizzling. At this point, some or even all of the lights on the front start flashing and nothing further happens. None of the flashing lights seem to correspond to anything in the trouble shooting section of the manual. The dishwasher will power down via the on-off button. Switching it back on and pressing the start button just produces the same result. I've also cleaned and checked the holes on the rotating spray /washer heads, and checked the water supply.

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
Ok, could you set it to the "pre-wash" or "rinse" setting, and see if that completes.

It may be the elements which has gone faulty, and since it cant heat the water its not able to complete the cycle and generates an error.

Also when it does stop, does it first empty the contents of the dish washer, or just stop mid cycle with a pool of water in the bottom?