Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Zanussi waher-dryer WJS 1397 W works ok, except that significant

My Zanussi waher-dryer WJS 1397 W works ok, except that significant grit-like deposits gather in the door-seal slots (this can dirty my washing when I remove it) and brown gel-like deposits gather in the filter after each usually lightly soiled wash. I don't think machine's previous owner did any maintenance like clearing filter. I clean out the dirt regularly but it keeps returning. Any idea how I can clear this dirt/deposit problem? Thanks.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Im afraid to sort this out you are going to have to do loads of boil washes.

Set the washer going on its hottest wash usually 90 deg with no clothes in but use just a small amount of soap powder and set it going.

Now you will need to do this every other day for a week if you can.

Then do it weekly for a month.

Then just do it once a month and it will stop it from coming back again.

Now you can buy washing machine cleaners from the supermarket. These are good and if you get these do it once a month and this sorts this fault out.

Now the bits will go but its going to take quite a few 90 degs washes to clear it.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you Daniel, your advice sounds good. And if it works I'll be very pleased and very pleased that I went to Just Answers for help!

John T

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Your very welcome. This will work but it will just take quite a few washes but it will go.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hi John

Just wondering how you got on with the washer?

Regards Daniel