Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

How do I change a old Servis Washing Machine door seal

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Servis Autowash 1300

Model No. 6056

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok thanks for that. To change the door seal on these you need to remove the top of the washer.

Then open the door and remove the metal clamp around the door seal and then unlip the door seal.

Now look from the top down the front of the washer and you will see the door seal on the drum. You will see a clamp there. Use a long reach screwdriver if you have one if not a normal size will do it then you need to unscrew that clamp and remove it.

Then you can pull the door seal from through the door.

Now with the new seal you need to fit it through the door so lip it onto the drum and work it round. There isn't much room but if you lean the washer backwards against a wall the drum drops back a bit more to give a bit more room.

Once the seal is lipped onto the drum refit that clamp from the top again and then you can refit the door seal onto the front of the washer cabinet and refit the front clamp.

Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the answer which is much like videos I've seen of other models. I was hoping it would be easier on this old machine. At 76 years old I feel this task is too much for me to tackle so I'll just have to get myself a new one and put this old one to rest after its 24 years excellent service.

Once again thank you.

Regards,

Roy Grant