Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

we have an indesit washing machine IWC 6105 which is about

we have an indesit washing machine IWC 6105 which is about 3 years old. All the lights are flashing and door lock light will not go out, even when machine is turned off. Ive tried turning off at the mains but still the door lock will not disengage.....any ideas please ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

When all the lights at the top flash look at the row of leds on the far right.

Number then from the bottom upwards with 1 at the bottom.

Let me know which of them lights are lit up.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Daniel

I'm looking at it now...all lights flashing at the top are green except the start/pause light which is flashing amber. the only other light on is the door lock light which is a constant red. None of the other lights are on ( these are the delay function leds I guess ? )

Rgds

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if you unplug the washer and leave it a few minutes and plug it back in are the lights still flashing?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No they are all off except the start / pause light which is pulsing green and the door lock light which remains a constant red.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok is the no for they don't go off when you unplug it?

Or is it ment to say now they are all off apart from the start light?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry !.....when I unplug it everything goes off. When I plug it back in everything stays off except the start light which flashes green and the door lock light which also remains on.

Rgds

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok if you remove the plastic trim on the front at the bottom you should see a green plastic tab near the filter.

Pull this down and see if it release the door and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There is no green tab in sight. I'd already removed the front panel at the bottom to check that the filter was clear etc. There doesn't seem to be any obvious button or tab at the front at all.

Rgds

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok give the door handle a good bang with the side of your fist and see if this shocks the door into opening.

If not then its probberly a faulty door lock as I have seen these were the jam like this and you cannot open the door.

When this happens the only way to get the door open is to remove the top and from there reach down into the washer and at hold the door lock and break it off.

Once off you can get the door open and replace the door lock from there. But you may find that once you turn the power on the door will lock straight away and the washer wont start. If so then the control board at the back is faulty as well and will need to be replaced and reprogramed up.

Ive seen this fault quite a lot were the control board fails and causes the door lock to as well.

Sorry its not looking like good news but from the sounds of this the door lock is faulty and more then likely so is the control board.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.