Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My beko dsc64w. The drum not turning but belt is still in tact.

Customer Question

My beko dsc64w. The drum not turning but belt is still in tact. Drum does feel quite hard to turn though
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok these dryer have another small belt which usually snaps and stops the drum from turning.

What you need to do is remove the top and then then take off the right hand side panel.

From there look on the side at the bottom and you will see a small pulley on the motor. Now the big belt around the drum goes to the pulley and then a small belt goes from the motor to the plulley. Its this belt that snaps and needs to be replaced.

To replace it you need to remove the cover on the back and take the fan off.

Then remove the plastic cover to the left of the motor.

Then remove the motor from the side panels by undoing the screws holding the motor on and then you can remove the motor and replace the pulley belt from there and that will sort it out.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is that the right side for the panel looking from the front of the dryer or from the back?

Do I take all the screws out from the back of the dryer? Because there seems to be screws all around the edge of the machine and also a bunch in the middle which look like they are covering something!?

also is the fan and motor easily removed?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Its the panel on the right when standing in front of the dryer.

Just remove the screw holding the side panel only on the back.

Then there is a screw on the bottom of the side panel so you need to tip the dryer to the side and look under it and remove the bottom screw.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
Hi Matt

Just wondering how you got on with the dryer?

Regards Daniel