JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Baumatic BD1632 would not start, error indicating no salt.

Customer Question

Baumatic BD1632 would not start, error indicating no salt. Added salt but then the intense wash indicator started to flash, and economy wash indicator.
Now we are back to only No Salt flashing. But there is plenty of salt in it.
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is Rob and I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you tell me, when the light is flashing, please cont the number of flashes inbetween the pauses.
Also, when this happens, is there a pump running?
If yes, does it stop if you open the door?

DONT use caustic soda !!

Thanks.Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Unit switched on

Red Salt light glowing

Economy wash flashing rapidly.

We have found a item in the bottom.

I can describe it as a Black Top Hat, Width 33 mm, With of Brim 39 mm, Height 26 mm, The hat has a hole in the top of 22 mm.

Where is it from?

The unit initially did a glass wash, then it would not work again.

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the information.
Unfortunately I cant find any technical details on this, so ill opt out while I continue to look.
This opens the question to others as well
If any of us find an answer for you, we will respond and you will get a message from the site.

Rob

Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
Hi this black hat sounds most likely like the sensor used to detect a flood\over fill.

Look inside the unit can you see anything the "hat" can push on to.

As my colleague mentions there arent any instructions or manuals for your device, so are limited in what advice we can offer.

From experience this tells me the fault is one of three issues, inlet actuator which controls water coming in, pump or sensor fault.

Since you have what sounds like part of the sensor my best guess is the washer is being told by the sensor its over full. If you can take a picture of your control panel or state what buttons you