Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I dont have a manual for my electrolux ESL43020 DISH WASHER

Customer Question

I dont have a manual for my electrolux ESL43020 DISH WASHER as I cannot seem to start a cycle . there is a noise coming from the washer base but no water seems to be comung into the washer then the alarm soundsi
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

The noise you hear is it the drain pump running all the time?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it sounds like it

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok when this happens its a water leak in the base has activated the flood switch.

What you need to do is pull the dishwasher out and tip it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base so you will need a towel for that part.

Once the water is out the flood switch will reset itself and then you can try a new cycle and get it working again.

But if it does it again then theres a water leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure this fault.

Try that and see what you find and let me know.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

forgot to say its an intergrated washer sorry just realised as i was going to tip it

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Its ok I realised it was built in with the model number. It should still come out ok from under the unit its just a case of removing the wooden plyth and unscrewing the brackets on the inside of the door holding it to the worktop.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok i will try that thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

No worries. Just let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

water seems to be coming into the washer now but i can only choose the intense cycle. it is working thanks. why do you think i cant change the cycle?

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

To change the cycle you should just press and hold which ever cycle you want and after a few seconds of holding the button it will cancel the intensive wash and start the cycle you have selected.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the alarm has sounded again but i have managed to changed the cycle to eco fingers crossed

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Ok just see what happens. If its still doing the same then theres a leak in there which you need to find and fix.

To find it just remove both side panels as this gives better access to the under side of the dishwasher so you can see whats going on. Check the right hand side more as this is were the usually leak from. Either from a loose hose. Wash motor or the plastic pipe at the back going up to the top spray arm.

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

okay i will ask my husband to try that tomorrow as i dont feel comfortable taking off the side panels thanks for your help much appreciated

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 2 years ago.

Your very welcome. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Even after rating you can still ask questions on this.