Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hi there,I have an insinkerator model 65 it is leaking from

Customer Question

Hi there,
I have an insinkerator model 65 it is leaking from the bottom -do I need to replace it or can it be fixed - Are the new 65's same dimensions, fittings etc. the one I have is over 10 years old
Thank U
Jon
Ps where can I buy one in Dublin ireland
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro : Hi . I will try to help you . To answer your question , it all depends where it is leaking from . It it is from the body because of rust then replace it. But it may be leaking from the washer that sits up against the sink. Or the overflow or the outlet . Dry the unit and all pipe work completely and with a torch run the taps and try to identify where the leak is coming from .. . The washer can be replaced. To answer your other question , the fittings will be same dimensions and if you get an insinkerator you wont have any problems . Could you please give me a positive rating if this answered your question , thanks
Plumberpro :

hi .do you still require help ? could you please rate your answer before it times out, you can still answer questions afterwards, thanks Toby

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi TobyYes thank U very much - my question was answered succefully and acted on - the leak was from the body of the insinkerator & therefore I need to replace it - I managed to get the machine out but was unable to open the collar which is still attached to the flange on the underneath of the sink - any ideas on how to loosen the collar - I have WD40 on it & await it to do its job but if not successful will need some help to same Thank U U were very helpful so far.

Hi , the collar is attached by 3 bolts underneath that tighten the two parts ( underneath and on top of the sink) together , . When you put the new waste disposal on. You have to use the l shaped tool to spin it onto the collar