JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I purchased a model DRT389H about 18 months ago from Comets.

Customer Question

I purchased a model DRT389H about 18 months ago from Comets. The problem is that after switching it on it takes about 5/8 minuites before it can be used, (ie) the disc goes round and round for 5/8 minuites, surely something is wrong. Also I am unable to use the remote control fully I cannot use the TV power section due to my TV code number is ***** listed in the hand book
I would be greatful for any help that you can give. Thank you.
Bernard Collins *****@******.***
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

Hi Bernard,
I take it the DRT389H is a LG DVR, I just want to make sure we are talking about the same unit.

JamesInch :

Most DVR's take around a minute to start up so yes 5 minutes is not 'normal'.

So I understand correctly, you have the DVR connected via scart of HDMI, and can you tell me the model of your TV?

JACUSTOMER-smxg3klr- :

Hello James,

JACUSTOMER-smxg3klr- :

I am sorry that I was so vague with my first contact with you, but i thought

JACUSTOMER-smxg3klr- :

I

JACUSTOMER-smxg3klr- :

i was connected to LG customer services however you got it right it is a LG DVR. to answer your

JACUSTOMER-smxg3klr- :

question it is a Panasonic Model TK-28PK3 TV and connected via a scart

JamesInch :

Ok the fact your using scart that rules out a compatibility issue with your TV

JamesInch :

My suggestion is that the device needs to be factory reset, to clear any corrupt apps or settings which might be causing this delay.

JamesInch :

Once the DVR is started, go to the Home menu and scroll through to right right Setup menu (looks like some cogs)

JamesInch :

Press OK on the remote then press the > navigation button on the remote to view the options

JamesInch :

Choose initialisation (bottom of list)

JamesInch :

Then factory reset.

JamesInch :

This may take a while I would then put the unit in standy once complete the factory reset. Power the unit off at the wall, and then after a minute turn it back on at the wall and see if this has improved the sitation.