Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428

Hi. My Hoover DM6210 has no power at all. Its not the plug

Hi. My Hoover DM6210 has no power at all. It's not the plug or fuse; if I take the cover off and use a circuit-tester screwdriver, there's power coming through as far as the circuit board by the switch. Not sure what to try next?
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 3 years ago.
Plumberpro :

hi .were you using the hose? could it have blocked the air flow and knocked out the overheat stat. try waiting till it cools down ,then turn back on

Customer:

Hi, my wife was vacuuming so not sure whether the hose was in use, but have given it a couple of days to sort itself out so can't be an overheat

Customer:

... that needed time to cool down, I meant to say!

Plumberpro : Hi . If there is no fuse in the circuit board then it looks like it could be the circuit board.
Customer:

OK,,thanks, ***** ***** any way I can test that without having to buy a new circuit board itself?

Plumberpro : No , unfortunately not . Luckily board price for that model isnt as high as others .