Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Baumatic dishwasher. it is showing E5. water seems

I have a Baumatic dishwasher. it is showing E5. water seems to be draining well. The problem is that when I switch off the power and put it back on the previous program comes on with a 1h on display but at a point this alternates with 05 minutes (I assume). when I restart the cycle after 5 minutes it stops again showing E5. the program seems to be stuck in this cycle and no water is coming into the dishwasher. Is there anything I can do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

E5 means either low voltage to the dishwasher or the control board is faulty.

If you can you need to try and run the dishwasher from another plug socket and see if this clears it.

But if not then im afraid the control board itself is the fault here this will be why the its stuck in a program and you cannot clear it.

So just try it from another plug socket but if still the same then to cure this you will need to replace the control board in the door and that will sort the fault out for you.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi thanks for your reply. ive tried changing the socket but did not make a difference. how much would a control board cost approximately? the dishwasher is a BDW9

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Just checked this and the control board is very expensive. Its about £180 just for the part.

Its because Baumatic have gone bust so they don't make spares anymore for them so the asking price for parts go up.

So at £180 just for the part it may not be worth fixing as you can get a new one for a bit more money.