Jon
Jon, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Home appliance technician with over 12 years experience.
60802242

Electrolux EWG12440W washing machine, when switched on does

Customer Question

Electrolux EWG12440W washing machine, when switched on does not proceed to filling with water.
Door is closed, several clicks from interlock unit near door, lock warning light flashes until last click, then goes out, start/pause light stays flashing.
A new interlock switch fitted but has not cured problem.
Any pointers welcome please.
Ken Alderson.
Expert:  Jon replied 3 years ago.

Jon :

Hey, Ken

Jon :

how are you, my name is Jon and I am an authorized Electrolux service tech and I can help yuo today.

Jon :

This is actually a common issue with this and many other electrolux model washers.

Jon :

If the status lights just continue to click after starting and the lock light just flashes and the lock just clicks locked then clicks unlocked you have a bad electronic control board.

Jon :

That is what sends power to the lock assembly.

Jon :

Now if you have replaced the lock assembly and that has not fixed the issue then you now know for sure that the electronic control is bad.

Jon :

Let me get the part info for you. Be right back.

Jon :

Below is link tot he parts info for the control. Just click the image belwo to open and view the link.

Jon :

You should be able to order right from their website as well. They will just send it right out to you. Or you can just call them and they will walk you through the order process.

Jon :

If you have any other questions or concerns please get back to me here at any time and I will help you more.

Jon :

JACUSTOMER-2txmwb3- :

Hi Jon,

JACUSTOMER-2txmwb3- :

Right now I am feeling somewhat deflated and think good money is going down the drain, I have ordered and fitted the control board you suggested might be faulty, Electrolux had no stock left for my supplier to dispatch to me, hence the long delay feeding back to you. At switch on the display indicated "ELE", then the mains at the distribution box tripped.

JACUSTOMER-2txmwb3- :

Now the original fault still exists, I am a lot of money lighter with no end to the problem in sight. Should I give you up as a bad job? I would prefer not to.

JACUSTOMER-2txmwb3- :

Any other clues will be welcome.

JACUSTOMER-2txmwb3- :

JACUSTOMER-2txmwb3- :

Ken.