JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hi there I have an electralux fridge from a campervan. Model

Customer Question

Hi there
I have an electralux fridge from a campervan.
Model no c30/60. Serial no 34701171.
It runs on gas, mains and battery.
My problem is it will not ignite when fitted in the van but I can get it to work when out on the bench every time. As soon as I fit it back in it won't ignite again. Have you any ideas as to what to do to fix this and where I can get spares for it.
It works ok on mains.
Alan Timony
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

So I understand the unit is working fine of mains and batter in and out of the van, but will only work on gas (ignite) when out of the van?

Can you confirm your using the same battery to power it?

When you set it to gas (in the van) can you hear it sparking, do you see a pilot light at all or any signs of it going through the process of starting up?

An obvious one which comes to mind is the gas pipe being restricted when you pushing it back into the cupboard, can you try and extend the leads and light it before you put it in the cupboard just to prove its not a fault with the van supply (electric or gas).