JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Hi, our Zanussi ZWG1100 washing machine door waont open. It

Customer Question

Hi, our Zanussi ZWG1100 washing machine door waon't open. It was stopped in mid cycle by accident and then we've run it several times on drain or spin but no joy
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

JamesInch :

Hi are there any error codes shown on the display?

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

There's no display to speak of

JamesInch :

right let me check again as my manual shows a display, appologies

JamesInch :

I am guessing its a ZWG1100-P rather than a -M

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

zwg 1121 p

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

yes - googled before and said something about pressure differential

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

i've switched off at master switch - unplugged water pipe for filling and drained twice. am hoping the switch hasn't gone and it's just registering the pressure which hasn't released.

JamesInch :

Ok, thanks for that

JamesInch :

So you have teh 1121P not the 1100

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

yes 1121 P

JamesInch :

Right let me check again, its unlikly to be a pressure differential

JamesInch :

Ok so the pilot light for the door lock is that on solid, flashing or off when the machine has power

JamesInch :

You stated you have drained the unit, so from your perspective there isnt any water (or minimal) water still in the device?

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

i ran drain twice and spin twice - been going on since 8am - the light either is on, or flashing or off depending on if i push it

JamesInch :

Assuming the device is working 'normally' during your time trying to fix it do you have the dial set to O with power still going to the unit, and leave if for over 3 minutes?

JamesInch :

The manual is clear in stating that

If you can not open the door but you need to
open it you have to switch the machine off by
turning the selector dial to “O”. After about 3
minutes the door can be opened (pay attention
to the water level and temperature!)

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

yep - have tried that but will try again

JamesInch :

So I assume this doesnt work, and after completing a drain cycle can you confirm the lock light flashes?

JamesInch :

My suggestion is we do "another" drain cycle, take note of what the lock light is doing, if its flashing then the circuit is working correctly, it should then go Off. If that happens I would say its a mechanical fault with the lock.

JamesInch :

If it stays flashing its a sensor fault.

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

ok need to find a locking light - which one is that?

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

ok i've checked (i have the manual) and it's completing the cycle and then not unlocking

JamesInch :

right ok, sorry about the delay I didnt see your response

JamesInch :

It looks like on page 11 of your manual there is a display, are there any error codes displayed eg E08

JACUSTOMER-qyf0d50d- :

let me check

JamesInch :

If the cycle completed properly it should be flashing with a 0 to confirm the cycle has finished

JamesInch :

How did that go?