JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The fridge section of my fridge/freezer is supposed to be frost

The fridge section of my fridge/freezer is supposed to be frost free, but water gathers at the canal at back of fridge and freezes into a lump. I have cleared the hole as much as I can. This happens in winter as well as summer and I have the temperature quite low at '2'. My only method is to turn the unit off and defrost.
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, firstly I would give the unit a good clean with Milton as this may help ice forming, as once you have a film of ice its very easy for it to build up.

If anything I think you will find the fridge is turned down to low, which is causing condensation and the build up, try and set it at 4 for a few days and see if that helps, next I would be looking at the door seal to see if there are any rips or parts not making good contact.

Its difficult to tell if the defrost feature is faulty, and even harder to prove, but give it a good clean should help the build up.

Customer:

Thank you James, I will try the actions you suggest