JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

the interior light in my fridge wont come on. Ive checked

the interior light in my fridge won't come on. I've checked the lamp and replaced it, but still no joy. I've called maytag to come out but they want a whopping £150 call out!!! THere must be a cheaper way to investigate the fault and repair?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, I take it other than the light the fridge is working as expected, its getting cold and you have no other issues?

JamesInch :

Assuming the fridge is working in all other respects, to diagnose further you need a multi meter, to test if your getting voltage to the bulb socket.
These type of faults are generally caused by the door switch or corroded terminals in the bulb holder.

JamesInch :

Give the door switch a goog wiggle and flick it in and out to give it a chance to come back to life, its unlikly to cause any damage if it isnt at fault. Next remove the bulb and have a look inside the holder does it look clean

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks I purchased a mega meter and tested the switch (which was faulty). And therfore covered under the manufacturers warranty.

Thanks for your assistance with

this