Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

MIELE MODEL S 718 8 YEAR OLD HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THE EXTENSION

MIELE MODEL S 718 8 YEAR OLD HAVING DIFFICULTY WITH THE EXTENSION TUBE CANNOT RELEASE FROM THE CLOSED POSITION. HAVE SPRAYED THE RELEASE BUTTON WITH WD 40 BUT NO RESULT. PLEASE ADVISE. CAN IT BE REPAIRED OR CAN I PURCHASE A REPLACEMENT TUBE FOR THIS MODEL WHICH IS OPERATING PERFECTLY
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Does your tube look like this?

Do you need it to be the same as this, as this is a Miele spare part and very expensive
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tube is a Miele part if this is exceedingly costly I may be better of to purchase a new model

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Archibald
I hope your sitting down !!

The price for the tube is a staggering £81

However, please go here, just click on the word in blue.

This will take you to a page where other tubes are available, that will fit your machine.

You will just need to check the diameter of your hose end, as two types habve ben used, either 32mm or 35mm

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob