JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a samsung PS50C6900YKXXU version N002 Have had the

I have a samsung PS50C6900YKXXU version N002
Have had the tv from new about 3 years old now and has started to turn itself off and come back on minutes later some evenings it will do it constantly and then you can go a whole week without it hapoening again do you have any idea what is causing this
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, this can be caused by "infra-red noise", other remotes being used maybe by a neighbour etc can some times enter the house via a window and cause this type of behaviour.

Start off by putting some black tape over the IR sensor and see if the fault clears up, if it does it will be another device causing IR interference.

Since it has only ever been powering off it could be a build up of static, I would remove all connections to the TV other than the minimum needed and see if this clears the fault, as it may be a fault cable.

Next power cycle the TV (its good practice to do it once a week) by unplugging it from the wall for 30 seconds and plugging it back in, this can clear a static build up but also clear down any currupt data held in the TV memory.

Finally if the fault is still persistant do a factory reset, to clear all the memeory, this will mean you will have to retune the TV but if after this the fault still happens, its likly to be a hardware fault on the control board.