canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

Have a 427r 2 draw set that is showing 78 and doesn t seem

Customer Question

Have a 427r 2 draw set that is showing 78 and doesn t seem to get any colder need an engineer near manchester to fix plz
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Are you interested in repairing it yourself or are you mostly looking for a recommendation for a repair person?

JACUSTOMER-srswx4dw- :

Either

canuck the pro :

Is this a refrigerator/freezer?

JACUSTOMER-srswx4dw- :

Well??

JACUSTOMER-srswx4dw- :

2 draw 427r with wine chiller on top

canuck the pro :

Changing the thermostat does nothing? Please give me a minute to look up the model, ok?

JACUSTOMER-srswx4dw- :

I think a fridge

canuck the pro :

Is there any ice build up inside? If you look in the bottom, is there any water in the bottom?

JACUSTOMER-srswx4dw- :

No.. almost seems as if the thermostat cutting it refrigerating too early

JACUSTOMER-srswx4dw- :

Its too hot not to cold

canuck the pro :

If you open the door does the fan seem to be running? If the fan is running, does it seem to be pushing air in?

canuck the pro :

Have you had the fridge pretty full at times or has the door ever accidentally been left open even slightly?

JACUSTOMER-srswx4dw- :

Maybee

canuck the pro :

That would be very good. So and explanation is coming. It will take me a couple minutes to type.

canuck the pro :

The evaporator is cooled and builds ice on it and the fan blows the cold air into the cooling chamber. There is a small heater that melts the ice on the evaporator in between cycles so that there is not too much ice buildup on the evaporator. Often what happens is the door is left open or items are stored too close to the fan outlet and cause the evaporator to build more ice than the heater can melt off. This is very easy to fix. Just turn the power off and empty the unit. Leave the door open with the unit off for at least 24 hours. This will melt the buildup from the evaporator. Clean the inside of the fridge, especially the bottom. There is a very small condensation drain in the bottom that drains into a small pan under the fridge. The condensation is so little that whatever drains out then evaporates. The drain will get debris also and the moisture buildup inside will also cause the evaporator to freeze.

JACUSTOMER-srswx4dw- :

But inside the draws is hot not cold?

canuck the pro :

Yes when the evaporator freezes like it has it actually does not cool any more. The coolest air comes from the evaporator before ice builds up. When the ice builds up the air moving over the evaporator is not as cool as when it is air moving over the cooled metal.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Has not fixed it having to get someone out now.. not really gd

I am trying to help you. I am not sure how that is perceived as poor service.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If the info is incorrect then poor service

So you did just as I suggested? you left the power off and the doors open for at least 24 hours? It is unfortunate that you would define poor service that way. Often to troubleshoot issues remotely there will have to be trial involved.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Its not been 24 hrs yet but top fridge was working.....

I don't quite understand. So you did not try what I suggested?
I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No it was not!! They still do not work and i want a refund as i will call out an engineer to have a look!

I am not sure why you are angry. I have been trying to help and you stopped responding. I never stopped trying to help you. I am still unsure how you define that as poor service. I will continue to help if you like.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am a busy man and could do without email after email. I paid for ur expert adviseand it stipulates in the original terms. If i am not happy then a refund will b issued. The draws are not fixed with ur expert adviseAND WILL HAVE TO GET AN ENGINEER OUT!!.. SO TheY ARE NOT FIXED. SO refund my money and stop bothering me