Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

What settings should I use for a wash and dry cycle for Hotpoint

Customer Question

What settings should I use for a wash and dry cycle for Hotpoint Aquarius WDL540? Used wash number 3, 30 degrees with dryer setting on iron symbol but laundy comes out creased/stay pressed and can not remove the creases even after subsequent washing and ironings. Please advise. Many thanks, Heather
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. The iron symbol is going to leave the clothes a little damp and they will require ironing. If you set it to the hanger symbol and remove the clothes immediately after the drying cycle you will not need to iron.

JACUSTOMER-npkdgxm2- :

Your reply does not address my problem of over creasing that can not be removed. On the iron cycle the clothes are totally dry and permanently creased, they do not come out damp.

canuck the pro :

On the iron setting the clothes should come out just slightly damp and when they are set to the hanger symbol they are dried a little further and should not require ironing at that point. If the clothes are left in the dryer too long after the cycle ends they will get wrinkled on any setting.