JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

ccandy fridgefreezer cpca270ffk (###) ###-####0321-02644 new sensor

Customer Question

ccandy fridgefreezer cpca270ffk (###) ###-####0321-02644 new sensor fitted unit will only work on super freeze
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.

JamesInch :

Hi, can you advise if your talking about a thermistor which was replaced, and if you confident it is the correct part?
If it is for a different model it may be giving out a false reading so the fridge doesnt understand the temp is to high and needs to cool down.
The good news is the super-freeze proves the pump and other functionality is all working.

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

the thermistor is correct for this model

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

turn temperature dial from super, to lower number unit stays on, ice forms on back panel, turn back to super goes off.

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

turn to number 4 unit cuts in later.

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

could it be faulty temp switch

JamesInch :

Sorry I just want to confirm my understanding of your issue.
When you set the dial to anything other than super-freeze the pump kicks in and it doesnt seem to go off, causing it to get too cold and ice to form at the back?

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

set on super freeze itdoes cut in and out change dial to any other no it eventualy cuts out, then only comes back on when put on to sup r freeze.

JamesInch :

Ok this sounds like a case of needing the sensor to be calibrated, this should have been done by the engineer who repalced the sensor.
To calibrate the unit you need a multi meter, you measure the resistance of the circuit as you change the dial, and use the instruction booklet that comes with the sensor to make sure it is reading correctly.
Since as you change the dial its changing the level fo resistance in the circuit, the sensor does the same and as it changes tempature that to changes the resistance, so the two need to be balanced out, to ensure the correct resistance is present based on the temp and control setting, since at a given threshold the fridge will start the pump to cool down, and wont stop until the resistance drops back down below the threshold.
Based on this I would look to get the engineer to return and complete the calibration.

The only other possible cause which comes to mind is if this model has a anti frost setting, but this model doesnt look to be frost free, however encase my documentation is incorrect it could be the fridge is running at reduced power to perform the defrost cycle, and if its not ending it could be a control board issue.

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

this model is frost free,sensor is factory set.

JamesInch :

In that case if there is not calibration option on the main board, it has to be a fault with the frost free setting, as this would be bypassed when you set it to "super freeze", and hence why even though the motor is starting to cool the fridge when you turn the dial on its not getting cold enough.

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

advise what to do next.

JamesInch :

This will require a engineer visit to test the recently replaced sensor, as either the sensor has been replace with the wrong part, with a faulty part of the main board taking readings from the board isnt able to process the output of the sensor.
To diagnose this further you will need a multimeter and the technical specifications for the sensor.

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

main board replaced, fridge working okay but super freeze light on permanently.

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

fridge cutting in and out , but temperature same on all settings fridge colder than normal.must be staying on super freeze.

JACUSTOMER-dyksggkz- :

4 days since last e mail, heard nothing since very poor service. i may be asking for a refund of my deposit if you do not reply.