Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Maytag gz2626gekb dispenser button (accentuator?) has broken

Maytag gz2626gekb dispenser button (accentuator?) has broken - how do I repair this please?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

To access this you need to pull the drip tray out from the dispenser housing.

Behind there you will see 2 screws. They are 1/4 inch size bolts so remove these then you can lift the front frame upwards and then lift it off.

Just disconnect the wiring to the board and you can remove the frame away.

Now you can access the parts which are broken.

If its just the dispenser button then you can access this from behind the frame its just a rubber pad and a microswitch so you can replace it from there.

If its the flap that's broken for the ice door then you need to remove the frame that holds it on. You will see the screws from there so that shouldn't be difficult.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the 'microswitch'? It looks like the plastic bit from the pad has got 'stuck in' and broke off the pad?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if the plastid bit has broken off the pad then click the link below for the part.

Click here

The microswitch is the part which the plastic bit pushes and if you have removed the front frame you will see the micro switch on the back of this it will have 2 pink wires going to it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will see if the microswitch is broken also (as the plastic bit from the pad is somehow stuck into it...)

Having trouble getting it off at present...Need someone else to help move fridge to turn plug off!

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok no worries. Once you have the front frame off you can then remove the switch and the rubber pad from there and sort it out.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do not see the microswitch unit on the Maytag parts site? Is it replaceable?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Strange as they don't seem to list it for some reason. The part number for the switch is 12575501.

But just check it first as its very rare these fail its more common for that pad to break rather then the micro switch.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Whirlpool-Part-Number-12575501-Switch/dp/B001DPHS92

This has the same number - but is made by Whirlpool and does not include this Maytag model?

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Yeap that's it.

Whirlpool and maytag are the same brand so use the same parts.

But if you have the rubber pad on the dispenser front then this microswitch will be behind there.

Like I said check it out as I don't think you will need it as ive never really had replace one yet.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK thanks - yes fingers crossed I will not need it! Just putting a contingency plan in place!

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

No worries.

Fingers crossed its just the rubber pad.