JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Bosch Logixx 7 washing machine stops washing

Hello, I have a Bosch Logixx 7 Super Silence washing machine. (WNM52, WAS28750) It always stops while washing, showing the message "Pause Top-up possible" and does not restart washing by itself. Start button does not work in this situation, so all I can do is just to start manually from rinsing. Rinsing also stops very often showing "Water level too high", then I have to pump down manually and start again, hoping it goes without stopping. When it stops rinsing again, I have to pump it down and start spin-dry manually. I do not think this is the right way to use the machine... please give me your advice. Best, Mia

Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi there are certain programmes designed to allow you to add washing mid cycle, can you advise what program(s) you have been using which have given the "pause top-up possible" message?

I think you will probably find the rinsing issue of "water level too high" is due to the machine already having water in it when you then set the rinse program, so rather than it draining down, then applying the rinse it may be just adding more water, which is flooding the machine. Do you get the error when just use the rinse cycle by itself?

Customer:

I usually use the program "Schnell/Mix" (it's German, it maybe "Fast/Mix" in English). But the message shows up whatever the program is.

Customer:

And, the message "water level too high" shows when the machine is automatically in rinse cycle as well.

Customer:

I answered your question. Please give me further advise, if you have any. :)

Customer:

I cannot rate you yet...

JamesInch :

Thanks for your response, give me a time to digest this and I will come back in the morning. This is looking like a sensor fault, but trying to identify what I can get you to do to prove what type of fault your looking at so you can give an engineer an idea and obtain a quote.

Customer:

Thank you. See you tomorrow. :-)

JamesInch :

Good morning Mia, taking the two issues you report separately,
1. The stopping mid cycle for "Top-Up" I believe to be caused by a fault Start\Pause button. Since the machine should only stop mid cycle to allow "top-up" if the start\pause button is pressed during the cycle. So maybe as its spinning the button is failing making contact giving the machine the impression somone has pressed it.
This can be easily checked by an engineer by opening up the top starting the machine off in a programme then unplugging the fly lead to the switch and seeing if it stops for "top-up".

2. The issue regarding rinse in my view is due to one of two fault the flow control valve which turns the water on and off or the water level indicator. I think its unlikely to be the flow control since you would expect to see wet clothes after the spin and water in the base of the unit when you go to use it after a while. Which leads me to the view its the flow indicator either not telling the machine to stop feeding water when it should until the secondary water level detector kicks to advise of a "flood", or its taking longer than it should to respond, so rather than detecting the water as it touches its waiting for the sensor to be submerged before detecting by which time its too late.

Now the good news these parts are rather cheap to replace and not that difficult to get to, if your happy to take the machine apart I can talk you through this further, but would suggest an engineer would be a more time and cost effective approach here.

If you need anything else clarified please let me know, and I would appreciate if you could rate the level of service you have received.

Customer:

Thank you very much. I understood well.It seems I have to talk to an engineer.

Customer:

I just wanted to talk in English, but I live in Germany... :-(
Anyway, thank you for your help!!