JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a whirlpool salad fridge that has stopped working

I have a whirlpool 'salad' fridge that has stopped working and needs replacing. I need to get off the the cupboard door to put it on the new fridge but I can't see how to do this. can you advise. thanks Kenn Shaw
Expert:  JamesI replied 2 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, can you tell me the model number as they use difference clips and fixings depending on the model

JamesInch :

However by in large most integrated Whirlpool fridges have the cupboard door removed by opening the fridge door and give it a good hard pull in the direction away from the hinges (ie towards you).

So your moving it LEFT-RIGHT not UP-DOWN.

It normally moves about 3CM and then will come off in your hands. Some are more stiff than others, depending on the catches it may require the door being pushing rowards the hinges, but if installed correctly it should come off away from the hinges.

It is worth supporting the door if you have someone spare, just so you dont pull the fridge up top of you or damage the fridge door.

JamesInch :

J