Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Creda Simplicity Dryer T522VW and the catch (section)

I have a Creda Simplicity Dryer T522VW and the catch (section) which locks the door latch in place to enable the dryer to work has broken off. I have obtained a new one the one your company advised getting but it does not look the same. The problem that I have is that I cannot get the screws to hold. What do I need to do?
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Is it the door lock itself behind the metal panel you have brought?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No its is the section on the right hand side which holds the door latch when you close the door.

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if its the plastic plate then there will be a door lock behind there so when you refit the screws it holds both the plate and door lock on and that's what the screws go into.

As the screws are not screwing into anything it sounds like the door lock has dropped.

What you need to do is make sure its unplugged and remove the top.

From there look down the front on the inside on the right and you should see the door lock.

Reach down in there and hold the door lock in place just behind the plate and then when you screws the plastic plate back on it will screw into the door lock and that will hold it all in place.

Let me know how it goes.