canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

HOW DO I REPLACE COOLING FAN ON BELLING ********* BUILT IN

Customer Question

HOW DO I REPLACE COOLING FAN ON BELLING ********* BUILT IN COOKER
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.
canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. This will be a bit of a long description and I hope that you find it helpful. I will provide as much detail as I can.

canuck the pro :

First you will want to disconnect from the power supply. On the back, at the top, you will see a number of screws. The ones at the top will hold the supports. There are two screws a little bit lower that hold the hob on. Remove these two screws. I like to collect the screws in a bowl but you may find it easier to place the screws in a row on a flat surface in the order that you remove them so that the process can be repeated easily in reverse when assembling again. To confirm that you have removed the correct screws you can lift the hob a bit. It will not come all the way off but you will have the back of the hob free and it will lift a bit.

canuck the pro :

Next remove the knobs on the face plate. They should just pull off. Place them in order just like the screws. Open the door to the oven and at the top of the opening are two screws that hold the face plate on. After removing these screws slide the faceplate to the left to remove it. Leave it hanging by the wires while continuing and it will be fine as long as it is not pulled or banged.

canuck the pro :

This will expose the screws that hold the front of the hob on. Remove those screws and remove the hob. Turn it over gently. The wires will still be attached. Disconnect the two wire harnesses by prying gently with a flat head screwdriver. If the connectors are the same you may want to mark which is which but most are different from each other and will only connect to the harness it came from.

canuck the pro :

To clarify on disconnecting the harnesses, when prying with the screwdriver you will have to squeeze the clasps on the sides first to release them then pry.

canuck the pro :

Now you will be able to access the fan. There are 3 screws that hold it in, one on top and two on the sides. You will now be able to lift the fan out.

Customer:

Hi, Thanks for info. This cooker is built-in to kitchen units and has a gas hob above does this present other problems?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info. Before I rate you I have further question: This cooker is built in to kitchen units and has a gas hob above does this present further problems?

No it will not. The cooling fan is positioned in the same place. Add "turn the gas off" to the directions though!