JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

DVR80KF I have had this appliance 3 years and now the tape

Customer Question

DVR80KF I have had this appliance 3 years and now the tape player will not work all else is OK but when I try to play a tape the unit switches it self off
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

If the unit isnt displaying an error message this would suggest a surge or short on the board (a hardware fault), this is often due to a faulty motor.
Its very unlikly to be economical to repair, but with the unit unplugged, open the case and tip the unit upside down to see if anything calls out such as a paper clip which might be causing the short, then look to see if you cna see any burnt out components or wires, focusing on where the tape motor.
Since this is rather mechanical it would be a significant job to replace the control board or motor, so my advice would be not repair the unit.