Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Bosch logixx frost free tall freezer

My Bosch logixx frost free tall freezer has dropped it temperature to -11 when it is normally -21. We had a similar problem a couple of years ago and the engineer simply used a hair dryer to sort it, but as I was not personally present I have no idea wher he used the hairdryer? Can you advise? Kind regards ***** *****

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Can you post the model number of the appliance please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The only thing on the front is:Bosch Logixx frost free, Maxx Freedom Performance and a label at the end of the top fascia strip 003639/00
Will a picture be useful?
John
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for that ive got the pictures now.

The ice build up will be in the top of the freezer behind the panel that's says no frost system.

You need to remove the plastic housing unit and drop it down and use a hairdryer from there.

Now its not the easyist thing to do if you haven't done it before as the ice build up doesn't make it easy to get it down.

But there is another way to do this. If you can store your food else were then empty the freezer and turn it off for 24 hours and leave the freezer door open. This will allow the ice in there to melt itself and do the job for you.

So try them and see what you find. Fingers crossed you can sort it but if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regarsd