Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hi I have a zanussi zk1225 that does not power up. I have 240

Customer Question

Hi I have a zanussi zk1225 that does not power up. I have 240 volts to the module. I have fit a new module. Still no power. Can you help please.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok looking at the back of the control panel you will see the main power board and then the small dryer board.

On that small dryer board you will see a red thin wiring harness going from there to the main module. Disconnect this wiring block and then turn it back on and see if it lights up then and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If it does light up can you tell me what to do from there as the appliance is in one of my properties. I will be going on Monday. Thank you.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok if you disconnect the dryer board from the main module and it goes on then the fault is going to be the dryer board itself.

As for this fault its nearly always the main module board at fault but the odd time ive fitted the module and it was still dead and it turned out to be the dryer board that caused it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you I will let you know how I go on. Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
No worries.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I removed the cable as you suggested. The appliance came on but would not start. So I refitted the wiring and the machine started working. Confused ........ But all seems okay.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok so its possibley a fault on the dryer board so just see how it goes from there. If it does it again then you need to replace the dryer board and that should sort it for you.

But fingers crossed this will be fine. If you could rate the answer I gave you that would be great. You can still get back to me on this fault even after rating.

Many thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay thanks will do.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.
No worries.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Daniel. The machine still doesn't work. It went half way through a cycle then just started pumping continuously door open or closed. I replaced the dryer module as discussed. And no change. Can you advise. Thanks Wayne.
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for the delay ive been away on holiday.

So going of this now its a different fault its giving now is it?

As at first it was completey dead and now im taking it the lights on as you say it went half way through the cycle.