JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a 12 year old american fridge freezer model : K3965XO/07.

Customer Question

I have a 12 year old american fridge freezer model : K3965XO/07. It has started to leave a couple of puddles below the doors, in the morning then later. My kitchen has been a little warmer than usual but is about 78f at the moment. There does not seem to be anywhere I can clean if there is a blockage. The water appears to come from the lower area at the back of the freezer compartment. Any suggestions?
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

There is a trap for water from the fridge to enter the cooling unit, it sounds like this trap has overflowed, and would look to see about improving the performance.
For instance has the fridge got adequate air gap at the back to let it cool the motor down, it could be the trap has cracked over time but if you pull the unit out you should be able to see where the water is dripping out from.
This is not something which cleaning would help however, its a engineer job to probably service the unit, replace the trap.