JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

the Iron is not taking the water in to produce the steam Bosch

Customer Question

the Iron is not taking the water in to produce the steam Bosch sensixx25l
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.

JamesInch :

Do you get any audio sound eg Beeping when you press the steam trigger, what lights are on the unit when it comes on, do you hear an sounds such as the pump trying to in take water?

JACUSTOMER-c2ciss74- :

all the lights are on , so power is going to the appliance but there is no pumping sound

JACUSTOMER-c2ciss74- :

all the power lights are on so power is going to the appliance, but the water is going out of the chamber so it must be the pump thats causing this

JamesInch :

Ok, this could be one of three faults.
A loose terminal between the steam trigger on the iron to the pump
A faulty pump
A faulty boiler
A faulty sensor

If the boiler is faulty it wont l let the pump start (to stop you getting water getting on your clothes), if the sensor is faulty it will think the boiler isnt hot enough, and if the pump is faulty even if the other two are working it wont start.

It may be worth unplugging the unit and opening it up, it should be easy to see if there are any loose wires.
If you careful and plug the unit in, you should also be able to place your hand near the boiler to see if its getting hot.

However by in large when you start seeing anything other than a lose wire, its going to be uneconomical to repair it I am afraid, and certainly nothing which can be fixed externally as its not a child lock or reset which is causing the issue.

JamesInch :

Good morning I havent heard anything more, please let me know if you have any further questions, otherwise please rate the level of service received so that I may close this case.