Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hello, weve got a brand new Rangemaster Integrated Fridge

Customer Question

Hello, we've got a brand new Rangemaster Integrated Fridge Freezer, model number U110235-02A. The freezer temperature is fine, but where the fridge temp should say 4 degrees, there's just a dash. Help! I hope it's fixable......
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

If you press and hold the fridge button only for a few seconds does it come on?

Try that and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If I press and hold the fridge button, a temperature does show - it flashes about 6 times then defaults back to the dash. "-"

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok just check the holiday mode isn't selected on the control panel.

Also has this ever worked since you had it or have you only just got the appliance?

Can you hear the fan inside the freezer running?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, we've had it couple of months and it's worked perfectly. Yes, I can hear the fan. It's not the freezer that's the problem though, it's the fridge. Holiday mode is not selected

Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Ok the fridge is actually just an empty box. All the cooling is done inside the freezer. And the fan blows the cold air up into the fridge section.

What can happen on frost free is the evaporator inside the freezer gets blocked up with to much ice and this blocks the air vents going up to the fridge so then the fridge doesn't get cold so the temperature readings above the settings so it just shows the dash.

What you need to do is either empty the freezer and remove the back panel in there and then use a hairdryer and melt the ice on the evaporator.

Or if you don't want to go removing panels you need to empty the freezer and turn it off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours as this will defrost the evaporator and air vents.

Then retry it and fingers crossed this will cure it and then the freezer can blow the cold air back up into the fridge section again.

Let me know how it goes.