Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

i have an american style fridge freezer and it keep tripping

Customer Question

i have an american style fridge freezer and it keep tripping my rcd
Expert:  Daniel replied 3 years ago.

Do you have a multi meter so you can test the compressor and see if its down to earth?

If so then remove the relay and you will see the 3 pins. With one meter probe touch the metal cabinet and with the other touch one of the compressor pins one at a time and see if you get a reading on there. You shouldn't get any reading at all but if you do then the compressor its faulty here.

As for this fault and on these samsungs the compressors do fail for this fault as I have replaced quite a few in the past for tripping the RCD.

As the relay that's clipped to the side of the compressor has all the other wiring going to it. So if that's in place and you have disconnect the wiring to the relay then the compressor is still disconnected.

But what the compressor can do is when it goes to earth it causes the relay to fail so that will need to be replaced aswell.

As its quite rare a relay causes it to trip out on its own its nearly always the compressor that causes it so test the compressor if you can and see what you find.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is not the problem tried what you said all clear