Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Zanussi ZWG 7140P that after a program is set, it

Customer Question

I have a Zanussi ZWG 7140P that after a program is set, it 'buzzes' and doers not activate. This first started with an E40 error, and I checked all seals etc. After a good clean, error disappeared. I noticed when pulling the machine out, there were 3 plastic lugs on the floor, two white and one red - appear to fit where the transit bolts would have been. Even though they fit, they do not fit snugly. Is the fault possibly linked to this?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Can you retry a cycle and tell me if you can re open the door?

Does the buzzing noise come from the door area?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hold on Rob - will check
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No - it seems like it is coming from inside the machine more to centre right if you are looking at machine head on

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
BTW the door remains locked for a shirt period which I believe is a basic safety standard
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike

Are you saying you have tried a new cycle and the door is definately locked?

If yes, please try the spin or drain cycle. Does it do this correctly?

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Spin and drain cycles seem to be working ok. Drain goes for 2 mins and from what I can tell, there is no real amount of water in the machine. If I take the filter out, there is a little, but I am assuming that is normal

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike

Great

So, the door does lock

It sounds like the machine is just not letting water into the drum.
This is controlled by the inlet valve.

Turn off the water supply
Undo the hose on the back of the machine and make sure the filter there is clean.
If it is, put the hose in a bucket and make sure you have good pressure.

Refit and try again.
If still no water entering, you should remove the lid after turning off the power and check the inlet valve. If its not functioning (open circuit), you will need to replace it.

If you need a link to the part, let me know

In the mentime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Rob - i figured it may have something to do with water indeed. We've had a carpenter here for last few days and he had been moving the machine back and forth to fit some units so probably something he did.. can you send me the link to the inlet valve so I can ensure I know what I am looking at. Thanks for your help

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike

If hes moved it, make sure the hose isnt kinked and stopping the water flow

This is the inlet valve that th hose attaches to, just click the word in blue

Please dont forget to rate as this is the only way I get credit for helping you.

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks - a good rating on its way. Checked for kinks, ta***** *****d off - doesn't seem anything obvious but my skills which typically are limited to changing a plug, suggests I need to get someone in to take a look at it. Appreciate your guidance

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike

Try the filter at the back of the hose, as above. Worth a try

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

EUREKA! Seems the carpenter closed the water feed to the tap - which had been opened...but I trace back to a small nut where the feed pipe attached to the plumbing by that water feed..turned it... and hey presto. Relief all round. Well done Rob - you pointed me in the right direction. Happy ending.

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Hey
Great news
well done !!

All the best

Rob
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome