Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a Bosch Classic 1200 express, it is not filling properly,

I have a Bosch Classic 1200 express, it is not filling properly, I am a plumber and all pipes are clean and working, pressure switch and hose to it seem fine, I have fitted a new inlet valve, when i press start it spins but the water is coming in in 1 sec bursts and not constant are there any reset buttons etc or is she kaput! Help please
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isn't clear, please just ask me.

Do you have the full model or ENr number?

Try this, disconect the hose to the pressure switch and start a fill cycle. Does it still do it in bursts?

Diont allow it to fill up !!

Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Took the hose off but it still tries to fill in short bursts.
Fd no is 8701
Model no is WAE241E2UK/01
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.

Hi Simon

when you say it spins as it fills, do you mean it agitates as in a wash cycle, or does it actually do the fast spin while its filling?

Also, I think there is a number missing from the model number??

Rob

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No very slow spin and the short bursts, I can't really read the model no it is worn out!!
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi Simon

We know its nothing to do with the metering or level device, as you have disconected this and it does the same.

You have replaced the inlet valve, so we know its not that ( unless you have had reduced water pressure recently, as this could cause this)

Unfortunately this just leaves the main control board.

There is no way to test this at home, so it would have to be on a try and see basis, which is not ideal, sorry.

I cant tell you the exact price without the model number as there are so many of these Bosch models . What I can say is that it would be between £100 and £200 for the part !!

Depending on the age, you may feel it better to put the money toward a new machine

Sorry its not great news

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate my response? Please use the smiley faces which you should now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not the website or the problems you have had with this machine.
This will not close your question and you can still come back to me if you need more help
Rob