Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

How do I clean the inside of the glass oven door

Customer Question

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Are you trying to clean the glass inside or the surface?

JACUSTOMER-deq0x3br- :

There is an outer and iner plate of glass in the oven door

JACUSTOMER-deq0x3br- :

There is an inner and outer glass panel in the oven door, my wife would like to clean some staines on the inside of the outer glass panel of the door and we can not see how to dismantle the door so that we can clean these stains. All I need is an instruction as to how to dismantle the door to clean the marks and reassemble it after cleaning. The model of the oven is a kenwood CKB 190 oven.

canuck the pro :

You will need a torx screwdriver. Unscrew the two torx screws at the top of the inside of your door. Have a chair or something handy to rest the door on…once they spring apart, the front will feel a bit loose. Take a vacuum and clean out the inside first then clean the glass with some glass cleaner and put it back together.

JACUSTOMER-deq0x3br- :

What is your answer !!! Just tell me how to remove the front glass on the door so I can clean it. I have spent £22 for an answer and I still have no answer.

JACUSTOMER-deq0x3br- :

Peter S.

canuck the pro :

You have to remove the screws. Had you seen the directions I sent previously?

JACUSTOMER-deq0x3br- :

NO !!!!

canuck the pro :

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The inner door has noi screws at the top but by feeling, there are 3 screws on the lower edge, what happens if I unscrew these. Does the mettal acseing then lift off to allow me to lift the glass plate for cleaning ?

The metal casing does lift off to access the glass inside, yes. Be sure the screws are not the screws that attach the hinge.