JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Zanussi E230 Fridge freezer. What can cause the trip switch

Zanussi E230 Fridge freezer. What can cause the trip switch in the fuse box to trip
Expert:  JamesI replied 3 years ago.
JamesInch :

Hi, which trip switch in the fuse box is failing.
Most fuse boxes will have a 20A fuse for the oven, and a RCD which sits over the entire house supply.
Are both tipping, if so this would suggest a earth leakage fault normally due to a build up of moisture, if only the fuse is tripping its likely to be a poor connection, be it with the plug, the socket or internal wiring.

Customer:

The only trip switch which is affected is the one for the Zanussi E230. If the unit is connected to another circuit, by a lead, then that trip switch trips. My electrician tested the circuit an said that the resistance of the Zanussi was low. Please reply by e-mail as I will not be monitoring my computer till tomorrow.

JamesInch :

Hi sorry due to site policy (and for quality purposes) we are not permitted to e-mail you directly, or given access to your details.
It sounds like a poor connection then, the most common component to go faulty and cause these issues is the motor as it can cause what is termed a 'back EMF' each time it starts up which creates allot of resistance and could be trip the circuit.
You could try and replicate the fault by pressing the super-frost setting and seeing if the unit trips within 30 minutes, this would be a good indication, and probably mean its beyond economical repair.
Let me know how you get on, and how often the unit currently trips.
Have a nice weekend