Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a beko cfd64s which has just stopped working in the

I have a beko cfd64s which has just stopped working in the middle of the night. No sound, no chill. But the light is still working inside. Is there any way I can diagnose the problem, as it's now 14 months old, meaning the warranty has just expired
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if the appliance isn't running at all then its more then likely the control board on the back at fault.

What you need to do to confirm is remove the plastic cover on the left side of the compressor and locate the black wire towards the top of it.

Then with a multimeter you need to check to see if theres 230v there. You will need it pluged in for about 10 mins before you test it.

If there isn't 230v there then its the control board at the top on the back at fault here. But if there is then its the compressor. But as you say its quite it means the fan inside the freezer isn't running and if there was power going to the comrepssor this fan will work as it comes on at the same time as the compressor itself.

But there is another control board inside the fridge at the top. Its behind the dial that you turn. But you tend to find if this is faulty it will get to cold in there. But worth checking the wires to it just in case.

But what we do on these is replace both the rear board and the temperature board inside the fridge as there isn't a way of testing them.

But if you just want to replace the one then go with the rear board as this is the part that usually fails and causes this fault.

Now in the past ive had them where its been turned off for a few hours and then turn back on and its come on. Its the relays that can stick so might be worth trying that if you can but I think you will find its going to be the rear board that's causing this fault here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I switched it back on after an hour. It whirred for a few seconds, then went quiet again. Does that shed any more light on the problem?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok when you first turn them on it will run an auto test so it does whirr for a few seconds but then just leave it about 10 mins and then it should kick in properly then.

Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I plugged it back in, and it sounded like it had returned to normal service. I took the drawers out the freezer, and the fan was intermittent. But it seems to have stopped again
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok if its intermittent stopping and starting as is the compressor then its looking like the rear control board at the back towards the top is the fault here im afraid.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The fan is very intermittent. But there is not a lot of noise from the compressor. I might have a go at changing the control board. Thanks a lot for your help :)
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Is the compressor running all the time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, pretty much the same thing, a couple of seconds, and it stope again
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok that's fine, Its looking like the control board is the fault here.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Daniel