Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Sometimes the drum of my Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing

Customer Question

Sometimes the drum of my Bosch Classixx 1200 Express washing machine knocks against the side of the machine. The drum seems to move from side to side when spinning at low speeds, eventually knocking the side. There is also occasionally a strange noise that could be the sound of the belt not riding quite right maybe? Are there any user-servicable / replaceable parts such as the belt and springs that support the drum?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your washer?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure - could be 8+years. The model nos on the door are WFO2467GB/01
FD8506607573.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Thanks Paul for that.
Is this worse when you run a full load as opposed to a light load?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Maybe. First noticed it when washing some towels which are heavy when wet though it wasn't a very full load. I subsequently did a small load of non towels and it didn't bang on the side though there were some slightly odd noises and looking at the drum square on I can make out some lateral movement
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul, and thanks for the good description.
This a loose spring in your washer.
You could do this but you would need to first buy a special tool to replace that.This is one time its would really be cheaper to have an appliance repair tech to do this.
I wish I had better news for you I really do and also you shouldn't run it with a heavy load until that spring is replaced.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Paul and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had a feeling it could be the doings that hold the drum. From I see a Bosch engineer call is £95+vat+ parts so with that it almost seems better to replace the entire machine for about £370. Is the special tool available for purchase by end users at reasonable cost?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.

Hi thanks Paul, Yes they are a bit expensive but they do a lot. You can check with Espares for the tool. Sales 0844 9777 888 After sales 0333 4007 888 Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary. Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate. For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored. Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046. Please rate now so your question wont time out and we can stay in contact, until this is fixed. Thank you Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Is the special tool you are referring to a Torx head screw driver ?
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Paul no it is not. Its a spring remover tool:-)