Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi I have a Zanussi ZSF 6120 Dishwasher which does not heat

Customer Question

Hi I have a Zanussi ZSF 6120 Dishwasher which does not heat water. I have replaced Heating Element and Temperture Thermostat but it still does not heat up I have taken the door apart and opened cover on PCB where the push buttons are and it all looks okay ?
Any idea what else to try I have spent about £100 on parts already and a new PCB is about £120 I don't want to spend too much more on it or I could buy a brand new one ! what else could it be, what else can I check ?
James
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 3 years ago.

canuck the pro :

Hi, my name is Mike and I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today. Do you have a multi-meter? Can you check that the element is getting voltage and also check the continuity on it?

canuck the pro :

You also have a high-limit thermostat in-between your heater and control board, You'll need to ohm that thermostat with an ohm meter to test for continuity, should read 0-1 ohm.

If you don't have a ohm meter, you can bypass it by taking the 2 wires off of it and connecting the wires together with electrical tape, don't cut the terminals off the wires.

The high-limit thermostat is underneath your tub, just take the front lower access panel off and get a flashlight or drop-light and you will see it.

JACUSTOMER-hk2k08hu- :

Hi Mike

JACUSTOMER-hk2k08hu- :

I have replaced what I thought was the thermostat which as you say is located at the bottom of the machine inside a type of sump. Is there another thermostat that I am missing ?

canuck the pro :

Are you not able to test with an OHM meter? Do you know the part number of what you changed? It is best to test parts before changing them.

canuck the pro :

Were you able to test the element also?