Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

We have a Bosch washing machine - Exxcel 8 Vario

Customer Question

We have a Bosch washing machine - Exxcel 8 Vario Perfect. Trying to reach the window above the machine I pressed against the front of the machine and must have interfered with the controls: the key symbol is displayed in red with the door shut whatever programme is selected the same time is displayed (1.43) the start button is flashing the door locks but the machine does not start Can you please advise? Many tyhanks, David XXXXXXXX

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Sounds like have inadvertently activated the child lock. To deselect you need to press and hold the start button for approx 5 secs or until the key light goes out. Hope this helps, please let me know if this works or if you need further assistance.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael