Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

whirlpool AWO 10761.

I have a whirlpool AWO 10761. The blue reset drain light does not go out. Do I need a new drain pump? I have tried resetting as directed by whirlpool: turning off at the mains and waiting thirty minutes, no difference.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
Does the unit drain at all?
Also how old is your washer?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael

The unit still works but sometimes we have a small leak from it at the end of the cycle. the unit is approx 5-6years old

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tony and thank you for that information.
This is not the drain pump, it is the main control board.
The little leak could be coming from one of the hoses or fittings.
Both are easy to fix and I will help you with this.
The best place to get the main board is Espares, I have listed all their contact info for you below.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Tony and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks, ***** ***** the phone to them now, can't find the part on their website

Just got through, thanks for all your help. will rate u but part is so expensive that we may as well buy a new washer.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi a lot of people will do just that because of the cost. But I can tell you it is going to be the main control board from all you have mentioned.
I wish I had better news for you on this I really do.
Tech Michael