Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

My Ultmia 960 washing machine has a problem. You switch the

Customer Question

My Ultmia 960 washing machine has a problem. You switch the machine on and the water goes into the drum. The washing cycle lasts 1:25, the timer counts down but nothing else happens with the washing. The drum doesn't move but when it gets to the end of the cycle the water is pumped out of the drum. The cycle then finishes. The clothes are still dry and the washing liquid hasn't been used, it's just the clothes are the bottom of the drum that are wet from where they have been sat is in the water. The belt appears to be ok and where it should be.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your washer?
Also does the drum move at all?
And can you spin the drum by hand easily?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It's five years old. We have had no problems prior to this. While I've been on line an error code F02 and all the lights above super wash, reduce creases etc are all flashing. The drum can be spun by hand easily.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Andrea,
This sounds like a bad water drain pump. its easy to replace and I will help you do this. It only requires a few basic hand tools as well.
But the best place to get that is Hotpoint spares:Phone: 01489 782 492.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Andrea and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael. When it got to the end of the cycle the water did infact drain out. It was just the drum didn't move at all during the 1hr 25 cycle. Is the F:02 code related to the water drain pump?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Andrea,
So it just wont spin.
Does the drum move at all even a little ?
Also are there any different sounds form the machine and error lights?
Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Not independently, only when you open the door and manually move it. There is a sound from the machine was if the heater element warming up and then it clicks off.

Since turning the machine off and back on the erorrs codes have gone off and we have put it on a wash cycle again. The timer is counting down but the drum isn't moving and it allowed water in.

Would it be better to ring on a moble? *********** /p>

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Andrea,
Means your main control board needs to be replaced. Its easy to do if your a little handy and I will assist you as well.
But the best place to get that part is Espares. I have listed all of their contact information for you below.
Thank you Andrea and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Please call Espares and have your model # *****;-)
Sales
0844 9777 888
After sales
0333 4007 888
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm, Saturday 9am to 4pm, or 10am to 4pm on Bank Holidays
Calls to 0844 numbers are charged at 5p per minute including VAT from BT landlines, other networks and mobile companies may vary.
Calls to 03 numbers are charged at a local rate.
For security and training purposes, telephone calls may be recorded or monitored.
Outside the UK? Call us on: +44 (0) 20 7717 5046.