Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

Ive got a Lennox G31R-30/45 in Dublin, Ireland. Ive got a

I've got a Lennox G31R-30/45 in Dublin, Ireland. I've got a Bord Gais engineer with me at the moment. He's due to replace the meter to a digital unit. He says that as the Boiler is so old it may not come back on. I've previously asked Bord Gais for a service but they were unable to give me an engineer due to it's age. The gas flames are orange and blue which the engineer says is not safe. The engineer is still here so i'd appreciate if you could come back back to ma ASAP.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi he is correct.
That can lead to fumes!
But maybe the engineer you have now will fix this.
Please let me know.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Engineer wants to shut the unit down as it's unsafe. The engineer is not here to service the appliance, He's here to replace the meter. I've had trouble to get it serviced in the past due to it being old. It's a heater duct system and the engineer thinks that the duct system is old and needs to be replaced by raditators.

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi Danny if its really that old I would say he is correct. But if all those other parts are doing well, then I would change from forced hot air to a water based system, they are about the same as far fuel usage.
Danny please rate as that will allow m to stick with you and ensure your question will remain with me. You can still contact the same way you have been;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The engineer has given it Hazard B, Appliance shut off for safety due to the flame picture.

Can you confirm to me that this conversation with you has cost 38euro?

Danny

Expert:  Michael replied 3 years ago.
Hi I'm not sure what you check with on Just answer but that sounds likely;-)
Have a great evening, and please if you need me further simply contact me.
Tech Michael