Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my hotpoint future fridge has stopped working but the freezer

my hotpoint future fridge has stopped working but the freezer is still working

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Can you post the model number please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

all i can get off the bar code is FF200Eg

Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks for this. This is a full frost free appliance so the fridge gets its cooling from the freezer. The fan in there blows the cold air into the fridge section.

What you need to do is either empty the freezer and remove the back panel. From there you will see another panel you need to remove this as well.

Then from there you will see the evaporator. You need to use a hairdryer and defrost this.

Once its all clear refit the panels and that should cure it.

But if you don't want to go removing panels then you need to empty the freezer and turn it off and leave the freezer door open for 24 hours and this will allow the ice to melt in there.

Once that's all clear you may find the lights at the top are flashing. If they are then just turn the freezer dial to off and wait a few seconds and they will go out. Then turn the dial back on and that will reset the lights.

Then see how it goes from there and that should get the fridge section cold again.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.