Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have problems replacing my drop down oven door into position.

Customer Question

I have problems replacing my drop down oven door into position. It is a Neff B1644NOGB FD 8701. The drop down door has two catches at bottom left and right. I was returning the door to the oven when the left hand clipped snapped into place locking the mechanism on that left side. How can I release it?
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi sorry to hear that. These are very strong springs you are working with. The spring loaded catches(hinges need to be removed from the housing chassis of the oven to fix this.
There are screw you need to locate and remove for this.
PLEASE RATE KINDLY BEFORE CLOSING THIS PAGE, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will wait for my husband to come home to do this as I have somewhat arthritic hands. I will hold off on the rating until then if that is all right with you. I dont like rating someone until I have given a good attempt at trying to solve my problem. I will be in touch this afternoon.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Janice that will be fine;-)
If you have any further questions about this please let me know.
Have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We fixed it but not unscrewing anything. We used a pair of pliers and eased the lock back. Easy for a man with strong hands but a woman fast approaching 70....well, I am not as strong with my hands as I used to be...sadly that is life. Anyway it is fixed.

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Well thats good ;-)
Usually for safety you should remove the hinges as they can hurt you been there years ago lol.
Glad its fixed and have a great day!
Tech Michael