Plumberpro
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Heating and hot water heating appliances experienced
77408428
Appliance

I have a Worcester 28 Si II boiler, red flame light is on,

have tried holding in the... Show More
have tried holding in the dial for 5 seconds to reset it but still flashing? What does this mean?
Show Less
Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi . need a little bit more info . first try turning the whole power off first for 2mins, then back on . what happens. Listen for the fan starting ,any sounds, is , attempted lighting(sparking?) Or is there nothing?

Plumberpro : Hi , i take it you managed to solve the issue . Please let me know either way so i know whats happening with this question , many thanks
Plumberpro :

.

<span class="JA_chatAuthorName"Customer:

I posted my question on 12/8/14 which I can see on the left side of the screen, haven't received any update by e-mail but on this page it says awaiting customer action, what does this mean?? Claire XXXXXX

Plumberpro :

Well , I replied to you on the 12th . do you still require help with your boiler?. You get that email when you have been replied to

Plumberpro :

You should have received an email stating this. Maybe you would check just answer have your correct email

Plumberpro :

P.s. you are the customer

got your e-mail just now but no previous one?

still same problem

Plumberpro :

Ok ,we can run through it and find out what's wrong. Is it only evenings you are available? I can help but need you to run through a couple of things .firstly check your pressure gauge is above 1 bar. If not then the water will have to be topped up .This boiler is discontinued now but pretty sure you can still get parts .

Plumberpro :

As soon as you reply to this chat. I get a notification

Plumberpro :

Hello . do you still require help . is your boiler ok now?

Customer:

I have received several emails now telling me my answer is ready on this page, but still only seeing my question only??? Really frustrating, and yes still have the same problem, now for nearly a week...................

Plumberpro, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago.
Pleae try turning power to boiler off for 3mins,then back on. Aso check your pressure gauge is about 1.2 bar. I can help. I don't know what is going on with the messaging system. I am not responsible for it, but Wil continue with you.
Hello . Do you still require help?
.
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Have checked the pressure already, and is over 1, tried switching it on again tonight, red light flashing when I switch the boiler on, the gas tries to come through, I hear the usual noise but it's like it's not connecting to the boiler if that makes sense then the red light stays on fixed red.

Hope this helps.

So you can hear the fan running?
You say the gas tries to come through , is it trying to spark
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

For my heating, don't know if it's the same for all gas supplies, I have a panel on the wall under the boiler, I switch it on and it powers up, then the fan does run on the boiler with the red light flashing, usually after a minute or so the gas comes through automatically you here it sparking up, think this is what you mean, this is what's not happening, the panel switches on fine but the boiler doesn't kick in. Probably not explaining myself very well, so apologies if I'm confusing you.

Ok , sounds like the flame detection probe is faulty also called the flame rectification probe. Its easy to fit and not too expensive .

If you need the manual look for it on free boiler manuals.com

The flame detection probe checks the boiler is lit at low flame before opening up fully .if faulty it will lockout straight away
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Ok so I need to contact a plumber to order and fix this then? Is it a time consuming job to sort?

I can only advise it be done by a competent person , but if this is you it isn't hard to fit.the probes can be bought at a boiler spares shop by giving boiler model and part needed (flame sense probe )one end to the PCB the other to burner .. The manual will show location .