Michael
Michael, Customer Service
Experience:  I have been an appliance repair tech for over 30 years and will help you solve your problems.
11519491

I have a amana fridge freezer XRSS287BW, it says +5f on fridge

Customer Question

I have a amana fridge freezer XRSS287BW, it says +5f on fridge and -35f on freezer i had an engineer he replaced the pcb 12002331 and the front touch panel and still not working he says he doesn't know whats wrong so am on here for more help
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi I am sorry to hear that, I am Tech Michael
I will be helping you today.
Please be patient as these are technical issues and take some back and forth until we can be sure of all the details.
We want to be sure we can resolve your issues correctly and as fast as possible for you.
How old is your fridge?
Also does the display change will it respond to button presses, and is it running ok?
Thank you for your patience!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Michael, The fridge is 2003, The display does not respond to any button pressing, and no the fridge does not run after new boards have been fitted thanks Anthony

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony and thanks for that.
Was there anything different when the new board was fitted?
Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

there was no difference since the new board was fitted, i don't think the board is the issue here Mike

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi you are correct.
The issue is behind the fridge. Can you look back there and let me know if there is an access panel in the middle about half way down. Also if there is, was that board replaced?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, There is no access panel in the middle about half way down, only a white box with pcb in bottom left next to the water valve thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Anthony.
Id that the board he replaced?
Also is that box, inside the access panel near the compressor?
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes the board is in a white box next to the compressor, The board was replaced with the one behind the display where the ice dispenser and made no difference at all

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Anthony.
That board is defective. Not the display.
When one of the transistors fail this is exactly what will happen. There really are no other parts that control the workings for the display or the compressor. That will need to once again be replaced :-(
It should be covered until he gets a good board. I have been a refrigeration tech for over 34 years and have seen this more times than I care, but all electronics can fail at any time.
Its also possible an old board not repaired is what you got. I have seen that as well lol.
You really need to call him back. Either that or we can find a source for you and you could re buy that but that makes no sense.
Please rate kindly before closing this page, so your question will NOT close or TIME OUT ;-)
No additional cost to you to rate and then I will stick with you until this is fixed and working as it should.
Thank you Anthony and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, can you tell me what component would course the transistors to fail so i can replace part and then replace the boards thanks

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony, its not an external art that would cause this, things that would do this is power surges or power outages.
As for board parts, they unfortunately don't sell the parts only the full boards. Also electronics can fail at anytime so this may just be a case of a bad board coming to you, it happens lol. I know its frustrating but all you really need is new board.
Its easy to change as well, but I will stick with you in case need me further, but to do so please rate now so I can lock us in until you have the new board.
Thank you Anthony and have a great day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, i will get a new board and try myself, i am happy to rate you once i see the fridge working hope you understand speak soon thanks...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have to go now mike, like i said i will get a new set off boards and try myself speak soon thanks.

i will let you now the out come

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Thats fine Anthony,
But please rate for my time as Ok service at least so I can remain with you, it wont cost you anything more to do that;-)
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi mike, I will rate you when the fridge is working so please stop asking thanks
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Its automatic;-)
I will wait until its fixed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike, Im going to try them boards in my mates fridge tonight, I will let you know what the out come is tonight thanks Anthony....
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Your welcome Anthony, best of luck this should do the trick, sorry it keeps asking you to rate. It does that so that your question wont time out on you is all, so it doesn't hurt to rate but you can wait if you like.
Let me know how it all goes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, am going to that fridge tomorrow to fit them boards and if doesn't work, we have new problem and i wont be very happy all this work and questions and wrong information you gave me so lets hope it works hey?

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
I wish the best for you on this and will keep my fingers crossed;-)
Talk with you Monday.
Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
d
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, I did try that board in my friends fridge and yes your right it was showing the same fault +5f on fridge and -35f on freezer, the thing is if i buy i new board and fit then plug fridge in it's going to damage board right, so there must be one component in the fridge causing this to happen, i can not afford to fit a 2nd board, can you please help me with this problem, much appreciated Anthony......

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony, no its not a fridge part causing this rest assured.
It is just a case of a bad board they sold you.
If you order a new board of see they will replace it for you that will work out just fine;-)
I will continue with you but If you will rate my service to you thus far as ok or better, before closing this page, I will be able stick with you until this fixed.
Please not it won't cost you anything more to rate, and it WILL ensure your question won't time out or end unexpectedly, then you can always contact me the very same way at no additional cost;-)
Thank you Anthony and have a wonderful day!
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, But to show the same fault as the previous board what chances is this may be 1million to 1 do you agree, if i get a 2nd board and it shows the same fault it's going to make me look stupid don't you think thanks...

please advise me thank you Anthony.......

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony, I think I understand, you had the same exact issue with your friends board is that correct? Anything different?
Did the compressor run?
Please explain.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No i just got +5f on fridge and -35f on freezer no fans on nothing, but i can check the compressor and get back to you...

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
If you aren't getting the fans there is something else wring and I would now blame the thermostat control. It is what sends the control values to the display and also turns the fans and compressor on and off based on its sensor readings.
Tech Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok speak soon thank you

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike, I will rate you tonight but i must say i don't think i got a correct answer i spoke to a electronics engineer today and they say something is causing the board to go faulty from the fridge, as when i tried it in that other fridge the same problem was there as this fault was passed on from the faulty fridge not a faulty board installed, so am sending the board away to be tested, so am afraid it's not going to be good feedback thanks Anthony...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes i am going to rate you less than good as i think the problem is not the board i think it is the fridge, i have been told this by 2 people 1 a technical adviser for Maytag and 1 an electronics engineer thanks Anthony...

Expert:  Michael replied 2 years ago.
Hi Anthony, I am a well respected tech so if my advice hasn't helped and you know better on this, then please do NOT rate at all, then they will Not charge you any further;-)
Have a great day!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have already been charged £18.00 Mike so i have to leave feedback now, unless you refund me thanks....